Thursday, April 9, 2020

Important Information

Hello Parents:

Just a reminder, tomorrow is another pick-up of school materials for your child. You will need to return Unit 7 CKLA Reader: The Reformation. Students also need to return library, book mobile, as well as our classroom library books. 

I am sending home an optional packet for our Patriot Award. If your child has already achieved this, they will not be required to do it again, and I didn't put it in your child's packet. Your child will only need to complete the parts they haven't completed. 

We will continue doing Zoom for math instruction. We are only doing about 5-7 problems on Zoom each day. If you want your child to complete more math work, that is up to you. This is on the honor system, as I will not be collecting these paper materials. We will start chapter 11 after Spring Break.

PLEASE have your child complete the discussions and modules on Canvas. It is my way of checking for understanding and taking role. We will be doing modules for science and language arts. 

I have started using Flipgrid. Our class code is rieff4117. I will be posting different topics throughout the week and students can respond by posting little videos. It is super fun! I will also use this to take role and check for understanding. 

If your child has Lexia minutes and units, please help them complete these. Lexia is a great supplemental tool for reading instruction. 

Please make sure your child is reading daily and practicing their math facts. 

There will be no school next week or breakfast or lunch served due to Spring Break. 

One more thing,
I want to check in with you as well. How is online instruction going? How do you feel about the workload? Is it too much, not enough, would you like to see more of anything? Also, is there anything I can do to help you out?  I'd love some feedback from you. We are sailing uncharted waters! Let me know what I can do differently. I don't want to overwhelm your children, or you during this time. 

I miss your children like crazy! Squeeze them for me!
Love,
Mrs. Rieff

No comments:

Post a Comment